Vegan Chocolate Brownies
8 oz. (220g) +70% dark chocolate, chopped
3 tbsp. coconut oil
2 ripe avocados
1 cup (200g) coconut palm sugar
2 flax eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup (75g) almond meal
¼ cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup (50g) walnuts, chopped
How To Make A Flax Egg: To make one flax egg mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal and 2 ½ tbsp. water. Let it rest for 5 mins. to thicken.
Allergies: recipe contains nuts
What you need to do
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil and chopped chocolate in a medium size heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of lightly simmering water. Stir the chocolate and coconut oil until they are completely melted.
- In a large bowl, mash avocado and then stir in the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the sugar, then add in the flax eggs and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Next add in the cocoa powder, almond meal, baking powder and salt, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Finally, stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking tin and place it in the middle of the oven. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the middle is set.
- Let completely cool on a rack and cut into 12 squares.
These recipes are not provided with advice or guidance nor with any detail regarding allergies. You should only eat food contained in this blog if you know you are not allergic or have any dietary restrictions or special diet